Five Stepping Stones for a Stunning Business Website
Far gone are the days when the only way to reach out to customer is having your business listed in the Yellow Pages or word-of-mouth. While these “old school” methods are still effective to a certain extent, creating a business website is complementary to other methods of attracting new customers.
A simple and effective business websites are essential to remaining competitive in today’s market, especially for those with low or medium financial power. The situations on how you can benefit from having built a business website are endless. Your business website can help you generate more clients throughout all aspects of the customer acquisition cycle, such as when a prospective client:
- Help you with solving her problems – and discovers you by performing a broad internet search for what sort of businesses can assist them.
- Wants to find out more information about specific businesses to see if she should inquire for more information;
- Retrieves your contact information to reach out to you either through email or the phone.
Contrast to common belief, It is rather an easy task to build a website for small businesses. It involve purchasing a domain name and hosting, creating content, and then using a website builder to customize your design and publish.
And it will be easy if you can follow these --- simple steps:
5 Effortless Steps to Create a Website for Your Business:
Step 1: Domain Name Registration
A small piece of knowledge for those who donot know: A domain name is your website name. A domain name is the address where Internet users can access your website. A domain name is used for finding and identifying computers on the Internet. In simple term, A domain name is the name and address of your website, such as www.Envzone.com
And so, like any other kinds of address, every single one of them on the Internet must be unique. There are ways that you can check for the availability of your domain name. You can check the availability on a number of websites who provide the service, such as Irist Domains while some companies will provide additional information such as WHOIS database data with the search. Not only do the ebsites provide you with the availability of the domain, some might also give you the specific wibsite that is duplicated with yours.
If, unfortunately, the .com version of your business name is already available, consider using it for your website over other common extensions like .net or .org. However, it’s in your best intersrt to use a .com extension since people are more incline to trust a .com business site first when looking for information or products onlinethan other substitute.
In case you it is essential that the domain is exactly as such, you can utilse the domain name searcher provided above to find out the duplicated domain name’s website. After that, you can negotiate with the owner about buyong the domain name.
Here are some handy tips for you to develop the most suitable domain name to buid a website for small business:
- Include search keywords– Domain names are one important component of SEO tool box for your smalll business to compete with the big boys. Ask yourself: “If a person who is in need of what I can provide will probably type into Google searching bar?”. You need to know words that people are likely to use when searching for your business. For example, “GigsWebBuilder” is probably better than “Gigs.”
- Easy to pronounce– Domain names should be easy to pronounce and remember. Keep your name as short as possible and avoid punctuation like dashes.
- Add your location– Use location keywords to make your URL unique is another way to more specifically target your customer and avoid duplication. If all desired domains are taken, add your city/area name to the domain. For example, a company called Silver Smith based in Denver, Colorado, could try www.silversmithdenver.com.
Step 2: Get Hosting
After you’ve decided upon a domain name for your website, the nest step is to find the place to host your website.
A pice of knowledge: A host is the service that actually stores your website and transmits it to online visitors. And, the two best host platforms rated by users are Bluehost and Weebly.
Here are 5 basic steps to host a website:
1. Decide What Type of Website You Want
You will know that there are two kind of website. Whatever your website is about it should fall into one of the following two kinds:
- Static or Basic Websites: Static websites are simple websites with one or more web pages (called HTML pages).Whenever you need to make changes to your website, you’ll have to edit the pages on your computer and upload them again.Static websites are cheaper than dynamic websites since they cannot be modified dynamically and come with limited functionality and no option for e-commerce or interactivity.
- Dynamic Websites: Unlike static websites, dynamic websites contain information that changes, depending on the time of day, the viewer and other factors. They make use of both client-side and server-side information to create and update content. Dynamic websites are CMS-driven, and allow you to directly add and edit content (i.e. text, design, photos, and videos), as well as let your visitors leave comments and start discussions.Dynamic websites are ideal for businesses and organizations. Some common examples of dynamic websites include blogs, forums, photo galleries and e-commerce sites.
Nowadays, most successful websites are obviously dynamic ones. It is crucial when create a website for your business that you consider o develop it in the dynamic way to stay competitive in the market.
2. Choose a Hosting Server
Unlike static HTML sites which can be hosted on most web servers, when it comes to dynamic web applications, there are basically two types of hosting platforms. Depending on your hosting needs and what you’re most comfortable with you should select the one fit to create a website for your business, you can choose from:
- Linux Hosting
- Windows Hosting
3. Select Your Web Hosting Plan
They offer a wide range of service in web hosting, it your job to identify the most suitable one to create a website for your business.
- Shared Hosting: You get to share the physical server with other website owners. However, you will have your own separate account (secured with login credentials). The advantage of shared hosting is it is very affordable because the cost of operating the server is devided between you and the other website owners.
- VPS Hosting or Virtual Private Server Hosting: Each site is put away on a ground-breaking server that is isolated into a few virtual compartments. It ought to be your favored choice on the off chance that you have high-security concerns yet would prefer not to put resources into a quicker (however costlier) devoted server.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated Hosting offers you a whole server for yourself, in this way making it quicker, increasingly secure… and costlier. It is the perfect answer for bigger organizations and high-traffic sites since it takes into consideration most extreme customization, setup, establishment and adaptability.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting permits various virtual servers to cooperate to have a site or a gathering of sites. It offers boundless capacity to deal with abrupt traffic spikes. A cloud-facilitated site isn't restricted to a solitary server, and the assets apportioned to it can shrivel or extend progressively, contingent upon how much traffic you get. It's an incredible choice for huge sites, including e-commerce websites, newsletters and blogs.
4. Change Your DNS Address
After you have bought your web hosting, you will get Name Servers (otherwise called Domain Name Servers or DNS) – which is what might be compared to a telephone directory that contains IP Addresses3.
To get your site up and working, you should change the Name Servers of your area. It's a straightforward yet obligatory advance for you to begin.
Viola! Now the fundamental components to create a website for your business is completed.
Step 3: Create content for your website
Website content is the copy you compose for the pages on your site. Business sites work best when they're basic, clear, and simple to explore, with direct content and a solitary suggestion to take action on each page. Business sites likewise will in general have five fundamental pages, including Home, Products (or Services), About Us, Blog, and Contact Us pages.
To begin, write out the copy and images you want to include on the following:
- Homepage – On the home page, you ought to incorporate the name of your business, where you're found, and a basic pitch that incorporates a couple of lines about what makes you one of a kind as well as why clients ought to pick your business.
- Products or Services – This page should offer insights concerning the items you sell or service you provide. Spend through one to five sentences depicting each kind of item or administration you offer and after that rundown their costs.
- About Us – Provide your company background and list organizational memberships like the Better Business Bureau. Also include customer testimonials; these help your company build more trust and credibility.
- Blog – Create an editorial calendar to determine the blog content that will help you connect with your customers and community.
- Contact Us – Your location, email, telephone number, the hours you are open for business, and connections to any web-based social networking records, for example, Twitter and Facebook ought to show up on this page. You ought to likewise embed a Google map, if pertinent.
But it does not stop there. It is vital to keep in mind when trying to create a website for your business that the greater part of the audience surfing the web from their cell phones rather than a PC, so it's basic as an entrepreneur that your site is mobile-friendly. A mobile-optimized website modified to mobile devices by adjusting the layout for smaller screens to make it appealing and user-friendly.
The uplifting news is the vast majority of the top website designers, including Weebly and WordPress, consequently, make mobile-optimized websites for you. Known as "responsive," these sites can recognize the sort of devices your clients are utilizing and automatically shift the content to give them an ideal experience.
All things considered, regardless of whether your site is responsive, it's normally a smart thought to make some extra acclimations to your mobile site. It should make your call to action a central focus, regardless of whether that is getting clients to call your business, round out a contact structure, join a mailing rundown, or make an online request. Eliminate any exorbitant subtleties that may make that progressively troublesome.
Click-to-call functions are particularly useful on the off chance that you need mobile guests to dial your business. This is a catch that, when clicked from a cell phone, naturally populates your business' telephone number into the guest's telephone dial pad. An installed Google Maps tool is additionally key for clients who are perusing in a hurry so they can rapidly and easily get to route to your store.
Steps 4: Logo Designing
The colors, text style, and style of your logo will influence the structure of your site. This is on the grounds that you need a predictable subject between your logo and pages.
If you already have a logo that you are using in the offline world, at that point immaculate. Locate the advanced record, or make a high-goals sweep to use on your site. On the off chance that you don't as of now have a logo, or need to update from your current plan, there are three key approaches to make one.
Here are 8 logo designing criteria for you when create a website for your business by yourself:
- Sketch first
- Make the design balance
- Find the suitable size
- Color ploting
- Suit the company
- Choose the right word font
- Dare to be different
- Keep it simple
Step 5: Website Designing
To create a website for your business, a good design is the key. You should imagine and plan how your site will be spread out, including the colors, text styles, pictures, page structures, intelligent highlights, duplicate, and designs. It's been demonstrated that it takes somebody under three seconds to choose whether to remain or leave once they hit your site, so it is basic that you establish a decent first connection.
Here are a couple of tips to guarantee your web design is beyond satisfactory:
- Have clear route: You need clients who visit your site to in a split second comprehend what your business is about and where to go to find out about your products or services, find price, contact a sale people, or make a deal. In the event that your site isn't clear, individuals will get disturbed and leave.
- Use call to action buttons: Implementing buttons with clear purposes will promptly draw in the client's eye. This encourages you to lead the individual take your desired action.
- Ensure your site can load rapidly: People are eager, and if your site takes even a small amount of a second too long to even think about loading, they will surrender and look somewhere else.
- Keep the simplicity: Don't try too hard with the structure and don't feel like you have to cover every square inch with information or a design. White area is your companion. By keeping the look minimal, you can put more effort into the things that you need your customers to truly focus on.
To create a website for your business is as important as open one single shop for your entire business on the Internet. People all over the world look at your website and make the deal, and they want it to be fast, effecient, and trustworthy.
At Envzone, we follow these tips to create spectacular websites fot our clients companies. Contact us now if you are in the market for a stunning website at a reasonable price.
You Might Also Like:
SUBSCRIBE FOR THREE TIPS
Three tips or links to improve small business presence every week.
P.S.: This is your “University” to solve small business challenges.