Use of Trademark Guidelines
Last Updated on April 2019
These ENVZONE Trademarks Usage Guidelines (these “Guidelines”) outline how ENVZONE LLC. (“ENVZONE”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) permits the use of ENVZONE’s trademarks, brandnames, tradenames, service marks, service names, domain names and logos (collectively, “ENVZONE Trademarks”).
1. We have developed these Guidelines with the following goals in mind: We wish to make it easy for anyone to use the ENVZONE Trademarks for Community-Oriented Efforts in a manner that helps spreading and improving ENVZONE. “Community-Oriented Effort” means a non-profit project or meetup. If you wish to use the ENVZONE name in a for-profit project, please contact us as specified below.
a. We wish to make it clear how ENVZONE-related businesses and projects can, or cannot use the ENVZONE Trademarks.
b. We wish to prevent anyone from using the ENVZONE Trademarks in an unfairly profit form and to trick or confuse people who are looking for resources officially released by ENVZONE.
2. You acknowledge and agree that We are the sole and exclusive owners of the ENVZONE Trademarks and that We retain all intellectual property rights in and to the ENVZONE Trademarks and goodwill associated with ENVZONE Trademarks, and any goodwill generated by your use of any ENVZONE Trademarks will inure to Our exclusive benefit. You shall at no time contest, challenge, encourage or aid third parties in contesting the validity or ownership of any ENVZONE Trademarks or take any action in derogation of Our rights therein, including, without limitation, applying to register any trademark, tradename or other designation that is confusingly similar in any way to the ENVZONE Trademarks.
3. Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to use and display ENVZONE Trademarks, solely in accordance with these Guidelines and other written instructions provided by Us from time to time, and solely as a part of your business or personal project as long as all the following terms are met:
a. The ENVZONE Trademarks shall not be displayed in a manner that implies that the project is affiliated with ENVZONE. This doesn’t just mean that in order to comply with these Guidelines you can simply write “we are not affiliated with ENVZONE” in your footer. Rather you must refrain altogether from using misleading business practices such as using a domain name comprising solely of the word “ENVZONE” or just using Our logo as your website’s logo.
b. Your project must have discernible differences from the ENVZONE’s software. Meaning, it is not a redistribution of the ENVZONE software.
c. Your use of the ENVZONE Trademarks is not displayed in a manner that implies that your project, products and/or services are endorsed or sponsored by ENVZONE. For example, calling your project “ENVZONE Media Gallery” is prohibited, whilst using “Media Gallery For ENVZONE” is permitted.
d. If you add features to the ENVZONE’s software, you can state “Powered by ENVZONE” but you cannot sell your products as “ENVZONE”.
e. Any word that implies premium features, such as “ENVZONE Gold”, “ENVZONE Plus” or “ENVZONE Platinum” is prohibited.
f. Using the ENVZONE Trademarks’ colors as a part of your website’s branding is ok if you provide services based on ENVZONE’s services or software. You shall not do so if this misleads people to think that the website is a formal ENVZONE site.
g. Any deceptive practices, such as using domain names that are meant to mislead people to think that they are using an official ENVZONE website are prohibited.
h. All use of ENVZONE Trademarks (including any goodwill arising therefrom) shall solely benefit ENVZONE. Any display of the ENVZONE Trademarks shall be only in the exact format in which We provide it. No alternate stylization or representation or is permitted. Specifically, you may not change the color proportion, or font of any of ENVZONE Trademarks, or make any additions to or remove any elements from ENVZONE Trademarks.
i. ENVZONE Trademarks shall not be placed on any background that interferes with the readability or display of that ENVZONE Trademarks.
j. ENVZONE Trademarks may not be displayed or used in any manner together with or in the context of any content which is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, offensive, indecent, pornographic, abusive, discriminatory, fraudulent, threatening or vulgar; or which harms or may harm the goodwill of ENVZONE (in ENVZONE’s reasonable discretion). The above examples of unlawful and prohibited use do not constitute an exhaustive list
k. Unless you received Our explicit consent, under no circumstances is it permitted to use ENVZONE Trademarks as part of a domain name or top-level domain name. We reserve the right to withdraw any abovementioned consent at anytime.
l. We do not allow the use of the ENVZONE Trademarks in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.
4. Use of any ENVZONE Trademarks is at your own risk. The uses permitted hereunder are provided by ENVZONE Trademarks “AS-IS”, without any warranties whatsoever, including (without limitation) any warranty of title and non-infringement. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ENVZONE and ENVZONE affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your use of the ENVZONE Trademarks. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, ENVZONE reserves the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
5. ENVZONE reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time, at its sole discretion, with immediate effect. In addition, where ENVZONE finds that you are failing to comply with this policy, ENVZONE may promptly extract you from its affiliates program and use any and all legal means in its power to stop your activity. ENVZONE reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to take appropriate action against any use without permission or any use that does not conform to these Guidelines.
A few examples to help you understand how to apply these Guidelines:
- You want to open a Meetup group for ENVZONE users in your area, and you call it “ENVZONE Developers Meetup Group – Denver”.
- You organize a meetup and call it “ENVZONE 2019 Meetup”.
- You set up a website called “ENVZONE-Templates.com”.
- You set up a website called “ENVZONE-Jobs.io”
When in doubt about your use of the ENVZONE name or logo, please contact email@example.com for clarification.
This may be relevant if you want to use the ENVZONE Trademarks as a part of your conference, website, group or other logo or if you’re planning on selling any physical product, t-shirts, cups, sweaters or just print stickers.